Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dancing Leaves

Now what do I say? I keep asking myself. I don’t want to talk only about things that make me different. I just like to talk about the things I see and enjoy.

Like yesterday, as I was eating my oatmeal, I sat at my window looking out at the backyard. There is a big old tree that was shedding its leaves. It was interesting how each leaf would fall differently. Some would drop like a stone. Then others would flutter back and forth slowly taking its time to meet the earth. Then I saw the "dancers" that would spin dizzily like a top, seeming to drill into the grass. It was fun watching.

Yes, I really loved the dancers!


Beth

2 comments:

  1. I never thougth of them as dancing... but that's what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Beth, I think you're right. It's the things you enjoy and the way you feel about life that's what truly make you different in a good way -- and that's what delights your readers (like me!) when you "tell us more."

    I am so glad that you are so generously sharing the part of you I've been hoping to be inspired by. Because, believe me, you have done that; you've reminded me to look for the dancing leaves. Thank you, Beth.

    ReplyDelete