Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is here and I along with everyone else am thinking of all the things I am thankful for… I am blessed with a great family that will do anything for me. I am in a happy marriage of 14 years and counting. I live in a good neighborhood that is beautiful year round. I have enough money and food. I also live in a country that is the best in the world.
But then there are the little things other people might leave out….


I am thankful I can breathe everyday without the ventilator, and only use it for naps and bedtime.

I am thankful for the bath I get once a week, in the bath tub. It is an effort to get in and out but I can still do it. My wonderful nurse makes it possible, taking over when my strength gives out.

I am so glad for cell phones, when my Paul goes out I don’t worry so much, and he doesn’t worry about me.

I am thankful for my nurses; each one brings their own unique nursing skills to help me each day.

I am thankful for all the machines that make my life easier: electric wheelchair, ventilator, suction machine, and the oxygen packs that I can take anywhere with me.

I am happy that the new hearing aids are getting better and better and they help me enjoy music again.

There are probably many more little things that I am thankful for, just can’t think of them now.

Oh, yes, I am thankful I am Alive!!!


Beth

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful you are alive too. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Beth, you should be thankful for your talking valve. Remember when you could only mouth the words and we had to try and read your lips (or your mind!)? Or you would hold a finger over your trach so that the air would go thru your vocal cords above instead of your trach... Then that kid invented a valve that allowed the air to go in but not out, and you could talk without putting your finger over your valve... I think that was a GREAT thing, and I am thankful for THAT! And for you... I am your biggest fan! ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember when I couldn't talk--I think I am still trying to catch up!!! I am your biggest fan, too.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Beth, I read this post over and over, because it reminds me to be thankful for all my blessings -- and for your loving words, too. Please keep posting; we need you!

    ReplyDelete